The romance of the seashore is undeniable for a beach themed wedding. The salty breeze, the hum of the breaking waves, and the beauty of the blue water sparkling under the sun create the perfect setting for saying “I Do” to the love of your life. Whether you are saying your vows inches from the shore or bringing the atmosphere of the ocean inland, here are 7 ways you can incorporate a beach theme into your wedding and reception.
- Go for colorful, vibrant floral arrangements featuring tropical flowers like orchids, hibiscus or birds of paradise. A small, white starfish or sand dollar among the flowers will pop against colorful bouquets and boutonnieres and add just the right amount of whimsy.
- Send save-the-dates inside of shells. Have the announcement printed on long strips of paper that you can roll up and place inside snail or clam shells. A pearl on the end of the announcement adds a luxurious touch.
- Choose light, flowing dresses for your bridesmaids ocean tones like deep blue, sea green or aqua. The groom and groomsmen will look cool and ready for the tropics in cotton, linen or seersucker suits in light, neutral colors like khaki or pale blue.
- Add artfully arranged beach stones, coral and colorful shells to your floral centerpieces. A miniature lighthouse lit by a tealight, surrounded by stones and succulents is the ideal centerpiece if your beach is more temperate.
- What’s a trip to the beach without delicious seafood? Make your dinner menu beach themed too. Go for seafood pastas, crab cakes and saltwater taffy favors. Want the full seafood experience? Have your guests chow down on crabs, lobsters or a full clam bake. Don’t forget the accessories — crab mallets, lobster crackers and bibs are a must, and make great guest favors!
- Skip the traditional cake topper for something with a more beachy feel. Miniature Adirondack chairs, colorful umbrellas or nautical flags are unique but classic alternatives.
- Provide plenty of beach-themed photo props for your guests, and for taking pictures with your wedding party. Leis, sunglasses, and colorful umbrellas are a must!
I’m Adizat – Owner and Creative Director at Klassy Kreations.
Ready for more wedding tips?
Sign up for The Klassy Style newsletter HERE. Our exclusive newsletter guides and inspires couples on their wedding planning journey.