As a bride-to-be, you are likely thinking of how to choose flowers for your wedding so you can have the most elegant wedding you’ve been dreaming of for years. You have thought about what dress silhouette would look most flattering on you. You’ve imagined the romantic first dance that you will have with your partner. However, when you picture the day’s overall ambiance, flowers likely play a huge role in creating your dream wedding.
Wedding flowers are expensive, but they can make a venue come to life. When choosing the right flowers for your wedding, it can be hard to know where to start. This blog post, plus our wedding flowers checklist pdf, will provide brides in the Baltimore, Washington, DC, and Virginia areas with helpful guidance for their big day.
What To Expect from Baltimore Wedding Florist
As your Baltimore wedding florist, we provide flower arrangements for personals, ceremonies, and reception as well as full-service production. This means we will provide you with all the floral arrangements you need for your wedding, delivery, installation, and post-event production so you can enjoy a stress-free wedding day experience.
In terms of your wedding flowers budgeting, as your Baltimore wedding florist, whether you’re planning an intimate wedding or a 200 guest-sized wedding, we recommend allocating 10 – 15% of your overall wedding budget to your wedding flowers. Our Klassy Couples spend an average of $3500 for about 100 guests or less. You can find out more about how much to budget for your wedding flowers in our blog post HERE .
After you determine your floral budget, your next question is likely what wedding flowers list of what I need? We will group the wedding flowers into 3 categories as you pick and choose the arrangements you will include in your wedding.
Wedding Flowers list of What I need
Bridal Party Bouquets
This category includes all of the bouquets that the bridal party will hold. The pricing will vary depending on the bouquet’s size and the type of flowers. These are some of the things you will want to think about:
- The Bridal Bouquet – Do you want to walk down the aisle with a large, flowering bouquet or a delicate arrangement?
- Bridesmaids Bouquets – All bridesmaids usually have the same arrangement. Typically, the maid of honor has a larger bouquet than the other bridesmaids. Remember the larger your bridal party increases your overall wedding flowers invoice.
- Boutonniere – Both the groom and the groomsmen will wear a boutonniere. These are typically small and simple. In some cases, bridal parties choose not to include these arrangements.
- Flower Girl Accessories – As your Baltimore wedding florist we can provide fresh petals for the flower girl will toss. Also, the flower girl may wear a flower crown or carry a poise.
Ceremony Wedding Flowers
Ceremony wedding flowers is your opportunity to use flowers to create the perfect ambiance where you exchange vows with your partner. Whether you have these wedding flowers in the aisles, on the arbor, or everywhere, they will enhance the beauty of the your ceremony wedding flower experience. Some of the commonly purchased items include:
- Arbor wedding flowers – If your venue has an arbor or your wedding florist can provide rent the arbor as well as the flowers to create your wedding ceremony focal area.
- Entryway and Aisle wedding flowers – When people enter your ceremony space, tall ceremony flowers can be placed at the entry which can be later re-purposed for the guest tables. In addition, some brides choose to add wedding flowers to each side of the aisle.
- Additional Ceremony Wedding Flowers – Based on your venue’s layout, you may choose to add flower arrangements to other sections of the room to create an elegant floral experience.
Reception Wedding Flowers
Reception wedding flowers are equally as important as the ceremony wedding flowers simply because this is where you and your guest spends the most at the wedding. Some flowers from the ceremony may be repurposed for the guest tables. As your Baltimore wedding florist, we can provide guidance during your design consultation. Some reception wedding flowers ideas include:
- Table Centerpieces – These could be a mix of both tall and low elegant, lush wedding centerpieces. You will also need flowers for your sweetheart table or head table.
- Food and Beverage Stations – Depending on your venue, flower arrangements can be added as a statement to the food station.
- Wedding Cake Flowers – Many brides choose to add fresh floral on top or around their wedding cake tiers.
When it comes to wedding floral arrangements, the options are endless for creating an elegant floral experience. It is important that you decide your floral priorities so your wedding florist can provide guidance on how best to maximize your wedding flowers budget. As your Baltimore wedding florist, we are happy to provide you with guidance as well.
There are many florists in the Baltimore and DC area that excel at wedding flowers arrangements. It is important to choose a wedding florist that can work with your budget to create the wedding of your dreams.
The flowers that will be used are determined by the season. Your Wedding florist will select seasonal wedding flowers that match your color scheme, you will likely save money and have a more beautiful selection of florals in each arrangement.
If you are interested in getting more Wedding flowers tips, sign up for your Wedding Flowers Checklist pdf HERE